Today it is vital that we all work together to create a more tolerant and empathetic society. Through the lens of the Holocaust, the Holocaust Center for Humanity’s mission inspires students of all ages to confront indifference and bigotry and promote human dignity⸺a message that’s critical for our times. Thanks to the Washington State legislation, a bill was passed in 2019 encouraging schools to incorporate Holocaust education into their curricula. Since then, the Holocaust Center’s outreach has grown to over 30,000 students reached annually.
We know you agree that this is an important mission and we hope you’ll join us in ensuring a more tolerant society for years to come, throughout our community and across the region. The Holocaust Center has several ways not only to partner with us, but to align your brand and show your company’s commitment to a society based on respect and allyship.
Your company can partner with the Holocaust Center in a number of ways:
- program sponsorship
- in-kind donations
- event sponsorship
- employee engagement
- volunteer opportunities
THANK YOU TO OUR CURRENT AND PAST CORPORATE PARTNERS
2021 Program Sponsors Lunch-and-Learn Series Sponsors:
The Frances Roth & Stanley R. Schill Foundation
Tacoma Jewish Community Fund
2021 Event Sponsors Voices for Humanity Luncheon:
American Classic Homes
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Brown & Brown
CBIZ Berntson Porter
The Commerce Bank of Washington
Deirdre Doyle Properties, Windermere Real Estate Midtown
Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Federal Army & Navy Surplus Inc.
Karr Tuttle Campbell
Puget Sound Pipe and Supply
Wells Fargo Private Bank
Sip & Learn Business Sponsors:
Become a ChangeMaker!
Join our community of ChangeMakers creating positive change for the next generation.
Are you looking to create long-lasting change for our community? Do you want to ensure that students in the Pacific Northwest learn empathy and the difference one person can make through the lessons of the Holocaust? Become a ChangeMaker. Give monthly, starting today!
ChangeMakers are an incredible group of donors investing in the longsustainability of Holocaust education and a future without hate through a monthly donation of $10 or more.
As a ChangeMaker, your monthly gift works
HOW TO BECOME A CHANGEMAKER
To become a ChangeMaker, start a recurring donation today of $10 or more a month. Click the button below and select "Monthly" for your donation frequency.
WHY GIVE MONTHLY?
It is Affordable
Do you want to make a $600 gift each year, but can only do $50 a month? Become a ChangeMaker! Monthly giving allows you to make that dream donation without having to make that gift all at one time. Your gift will create a lasting impact for students throughout the Pacific Northwest.
It Makes a Long-Lasting Change
Monthly donors help the Holocaust Center for Humanity bet plan for the future of Holocaust education. As a ChangeMaker, you ensure that we can continue to reach students and teachers throughout the Pacific Northwest with our new guidelines and best practices for Holocaust education, and inspire community members to take action when others are in need.
It is Exciting!
When you sign up, you’ll receive a welcome letter with your own “Change Begins With Me” sticker to display in your house, on your laptop, or anywhere you’d like! Throughout the year we will send you inspiring stories of Upstanders in our community who are fighting for the rights of others and working towards a more positive future for all of us.
You Are Part of a Community
Each month, ChangeMakers invest in long-lasting change to create a more empathetic, resilient, and compassionate community through the lessons of the Holocaust.
WHAT WILL YOUR LEGACY BE?
Make a simple but transformational gift today to ensure a lasting future for the Holocaust Cen for Humanity.
No matter the size of your legacy gift, you are helping ensure that the past does not repeat itself through your investment in Holocaust education for generations to come.
By establishing a legacy through a bequest or another planned gift, you will ensure:
- The Center can continue to grow and reach more students each year with its programs and outreach to teach the lessons of the Holocaust;
- The Center's museum will have a lasting future in downtown Seattle and continue to be a place that students and community members can come and learn the stories of local Holocaust survivors;
- Generations of students will understand the consequences of hate and indifference
- The Center will continue to be a place for scholars to present to an audience of educators and community members on topics that connect the past to the present
MAKING A LEGACY GIFT IS EASY.
- Bequest: A charitable bequest can be directed in your will or trust. The amount or percentage that you direct to the Holocaust Center for Humanity can be changed at any time throughout your lifetime. See below for sample language.
- Life Insurance Policy: You can leave a legacy gift by naming the Holocaust Center for Humanity as a primary beneficiary for a percentage or specified amount of your life insurance policy.
- Retirement or Pension Plans: Name the Holocaust Center for Humanity as a beneficiary of your retirement or pension plan.
- Donor Advised Fund: Name the Holocaust Center for Humanity as a beneficiary of your Donor Advised Fund.
LEGACY CIRCLE MEMBERS
Legacy Circle members are invested in a future where all students and community members will continue to have access to quality Holocaust education.
David and Mary Alhadeff
Joe and Gloria Mayer
JOIN OUR LEGACY CIRCLE
Become a member of the Holocaust Center for Humanity's Legacy Circle by filling out a non-binding Declaration of Intent.
By letting us know your plans for tomorrow, you'll allow us to recognize you today for being a part of creating a lasting future for the Center.
SAMPLE BEQUEST LANGUAGE
Please note: These are merely suggestions as to content and should be written or adapted by legal counsel to fit the contributor's individual situation.
Sample Bequest of Remainder of Estate
I give to the Holocaust Center for Humanity (Tax ID: #91-1464233) or its successor organization, currently located at 2045 2nd Ave, Seattle, Washington, 98121, all [or state the fraction or percentage] of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, for its general use and purposes [or for specific use: please state here].
Sample Bequest of Specific Amount
I give to the Holocaust Center for Humanity (Tax ID: #91-1464233) or its successor organization, currently located at 2045 2nd Ave, Seattle, Washington 98121, the sum of [insert exact dollar amount here], for its general use and purposes [or for specific use: please state here].
Join us for an intimate & enriching evening of music and history to support Holocaust educators. Ted Rosenthal, lead composer and pianist, will perform excerpts from his jazz opera, Dear Erich.
Wednesday, April 1
D t Seattle, at the home of Bruce & Jeannie Nordstrom.
$250 per person
All proceeds will go to support TEACHER SCHOLARSHIPS for study trips to Poland, to further Holocaust in the classroom.
Double Your Impact with a Matching Gift
Your donation or volunteer time could be matched dollar-for-dollar by your employer!
Over 20,000 companies each year match charitable contributions made by their employees, their spouses, and even their retired employees. Many companies will also match your volunteer time with a matching gift, too!
The impact of your gift to the Holocaust Center for Humanity may be doubled, or more!
Just follow these three easy steps:
1) Make a donation to the Holocaust Center for Humanity online or by phone to 206.582.3000. Matching gift companies require that pledges be paid in advance of their match.
2) Use the search engine below to see if your employer participates in a matching gift program. NOTE: If your company is not listed, inquire with your Human Resources department to see if this is an option for you.
3) If available, fill out the matching gift form provided by the search engine and you are done! A notification will be sent to you when the match has been secured. Our tax ID is 91-1464233.
Thank you to the following companies for providing matching gifts to the Center in the past year:
Alco Investment Company | Apple | AstraZeneca | Bank of America Charitable Foundation | Bernstein Global Wealth Management | Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation | Bluetooth SIG, Inc. | Boeing Gift Matching Program | Brink's | Goldman Sachs | Google Inc. | LendingTree | Liberty Mutual | Matthew G. Norton Co. | Medtronic Matching Gifts Program | Microsoft | Modern Construction Services | MUFG Union Bank | Mutual of America Foundation | Nordstrom | Patagonia | PopCap | Pfizer Foundation | Samsung | Symetra | T-Mobile | Thomson Reuters | United Health Group | VMware Foundation | Weyerhaeuser