"I would enthusiastically recommend this program. I believe that nowhere else would a traveler get the experiences that you provided." - Traveler
Poland during the Holocaust and Today | A trip about connecting - connecting to history, connecting to people, and understanding that each one of us has the power to make a difference.
Trip includes: Warsaw, Warsaw Zoo, Treblinka, Tykocin, Bialystok (where the group will help to restore a Jewish cemetery), Krakow, Schindler's Factory, Auschwitz-Birkenau; meetings with a survivor, rescuer, and dinners and experiences that highlight the culture and history of Poland.
"I would definitely recommend this trip to others. Absolutely. The trip gave me a much needed moral clarity about what matters in the world, in politics, and in human relations." - Traveler
Deadline for registration - February 15, 2022
Itinerary July 1-10, 2022
Itinerary is subject to change. Meals provided are listed in ( )
Day 1, Fri, Jul 1 | Arrive in Warsaw, Welcome dinner (D)
Day 2, Sat, Jul 2 | Warsaw - Walking tour of Old Warsaw, POLIN Museum, Free evening (B)
Day 3, Sun, Jul 3 | Warsaw - Jewish heritage sites, Warsaw Ghetto, Warsaw Zoo (B, L)
Day 4, Mon, Jul 4 | Warsaw - Treblinka Death Camp Memorial Site, Visit with rescuers in Stoczek, Tykocin, Bialystok (B, L, D)
Day 5, Tue, Jul 5 | Bialystok - Day trip to Jedwabne and community service project at Jedwabne Cemetery (B, L)
Day 6, Wed, Jul 6 | Bialystok - Drive to Warsaw and continue on train to Krakow, Krakow walking tour (B)
Day 7, Thu, Jul 7 | Krakow - Tour Jewish heritage sites, Krakow Ghetto, Plaszow Camp Memorial Site (B, L)
Day 8, Fri, Jul 8 | Krakow - Auschwitz and Birkenau (B, L)
Day 9, Sat, Jul 9 | Krakow - Galicia Museum, Free afternoon (B, D)
Day 10, Sun, Jul 10 | Depart Krakow, (B)
- This trip is geared toward those who want an in-depth and meaningful experience with other open-minded travelers.
- Pre-reading materials will be suggested, and a pre-trip meeting will be held in late May.
- For those researching and exploring their own family histories, we are happy to help make suggestions or connections.
- Clock hours are provided for Washington State teachers.
- Custom extensions are available. Please note: Each day’s schedule is quite full. Please consider extending your trip if you want more personal exploratory time.
- This trip includes a significant amount of walking.
(airfare is not included in price)
$4150 (per person, double occupancy) | Single room supplement: $725
$3950 for teachers currently teaching in a classroom (per person, double occupancy) | Single room supplement: $725
$500 deposit is due upon registration. Deadline for registration and deposit - Feb. 15, 2022. The deposit will be applied to the payment balance. Payment due in full May 1, 2022. Deposit is fully refundable until May 1. Penalty for individual cancellation May 2 - May 25 is 50% of the cost of trip. After May 25th, penalty for cancellation is 100% of the cost of the trip.
Tour Package Includes:
- Accommodation in four- and five-star hotels based on double occupancy per itinerary with breakfast daily, local service charge, and tax (standard hotel check-in/out times apply unless otherwise noted): Warsaw (3 nights); Bialystok (2 nights); Krakow (4 nights)
- Land transportation per itinerary by private minibus or coach with A/C
- Tickets for the express train from Warsaw to Krakow in 1st class
- All sightseeing and excursions, including entrance fees per itinerary
- Local English-speaking guides throughout itinerary, excluding Warsaw, where the MIR tour manager is the guide
- Special cultural features as stated in itinerary, including special tours and visits
- Services of a professional MIR tour manager throughout the program
- Meals as listed in itinerary: hotel breakfast daily, 5 lunches, 3 dinners
- Dinners are three-course meals with tea or coffee and mineral water
- Baggage handling at hotels and railway stations
- Radio guide listening devices for the duration of the program
Price Does Not Include:
Airfare; Pre- or post-tour services; Arrival and departure airport transfer; Gratuities to tour manager, local guides, and drivers; visa or passport fees; medical and trip cancellation/interruption insurance; emergency evacuation costs; food or beverages not included in group meals; items of a personal nature such as laundry, alcohol, telephone expense, excess baggage fees, photo/video expenses inside museums (where allowed); other items not expressly listed as included.
From past travelers:
"From the bottom of my heart, thank you forexperience. I didn't know what to expect at the beginning but I know I could never have asked for a better experience."
"The experience was once in a lifetime and the information was so in depth!"
"I am blown away by the experience I had between the people I met, the tour guides we were lucky enough to have, as well as the opportunities for seeing what tourists don't get to see."
"I'm still processing all the information we received. It was truly a trip of a lifetime. Thank you!"
"The meaning and depth of emotion and learning with both head and heart seems to increase as time passes and I contemplateI experienced."
"I never experienced a tour that was so well put together and carried out as this one."
"The trip was one of the best experiences of my life. I will never forget it."