The Holocaust Center has partnered with the Seattle Times Newspapers In Education (NIE) Program to create and publish two series of articles. The articles are geared towards students in grades 7-12. Each series includes a teacher guide.
Stories Among Us: Personal Accounts of Genocide
Published in the Seattle Times on Wednesdays, April 9 - June 11, 2008, this 10-article series focuses on the stories of individuals in our community directly affected by genocide during the past century.
Articles in Series:
- Mannig's Story: A Survivor of the Armenian Genocide
- Morgan's Story: The Roma/Sinti
- Magda's Story: An Auschwitz Survivor
- Peter's Story: A Dutch Holocaust Survivor
- Frieda's Story: A Czech Holocaust Survivor
- Marie's Story: A Witness to the Long-term Consequences of the Rwandan Genocide
- Selena's Story: A Survivor of the Bosnian Genocide
- Agnes' Story: From Sudan to Seattle
- "What can we learn from the stories of Holocaust Survivors?" - Holocaust Writing and Art Contest Winners
Teacher Guide - includes background information, discussion questions, activities, and suggested resources for each of the above articles.