Tuesday, June 30, 2020 | 9:00 - 3:30pm | At the Holocaust Center for Humanity | Registration Required.
6 clock hours and lunch provided. $25 Registration fee.
For teachers new to the subject and teachers looking for new ideas and support to effectively teach about the Holocaust. Geared to teachers of grades 5-12. Other educators and administrators are welcome to attend.
"I was overhwhelmed by the idea of teaching the Holocaust. This workshop gave me ideas and materials that I can take right into my classroom." - Teacher, Kitsap Peninsula
- Holocaust legislation in Washington State and what it means for you in 2020-2021
- Teaching with artifacts
- Tour of the Holocaust Center's exhibit, "Finding Light in the Darkness"
- Using stories and testimony from local Holocaust survivors
- Sample lessons for the classroom
- Special guest speaker who will share family experiences from the Holocaust